Monday, July 17, 2006

wild-eyed dream

image: roxi g

I felt the needle enter my vein
Morpheus raced down the track
My track, obliterating my track
Morpheus swallowed me, whole
The purple crocus sneered at me,
poking its head through the damp, cold earth
Grass blades, the colour of freshly vomited bile,
snickering - muffled munckin chortles and giggles
Eery sway of tree
branches crackling like decrepit floor boards
Mournful, haunting faces in gnarled, knotted trunks
Smoke plume - a twisting corkscrew of smoke engulfs me
Her face appeared - old, sunken, dark
She opened her grotesque mouth:
a votex, nothing else
The whispered crackle of rotting flesh,
the sweet sickly pungent odour of dying meat
maggots, teaming maggots
Loud glint - blinding
Vision ebbs to shadows
A shrieking siren
Red light, blue light

~+++~

ABOUT THIS POEM: about a junkie - an intravenous drug user. at some point, death becomes an escape from the slavery of addiction. that's what this describes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home