Monday, August 28, 2006

bell jar dreams

image: www.cyberattic.com

tenderly,
you held me in your arms,
ripening
my trembling alabaster fruit
and savagely,
you trampled me, underfoot
as master of my shattered freedom
you - the twisted and beautiful lord
who sealed me in a windowless bell jar
with anguish and solitude,
as my only companions

captor! my demented master!
my withered soul screams for you
it howls for the soothing barbs,
hidden, in your voice
and your frail, orgasmic vulnerability
my withered soul screams your name,
raging delicately,
for the gaping hollows of my existence,
which melted into yours:
dessicated dreams ... vanquished innocence
this sick hunger in my heart for you - will it ever ebb?

~+++~

ABOUT THIS POEM: i this poem flowed from me effortlessly when i heard of natascha kampush, the austrian girl who was held captive for 8 years. she described her captor by saying, "he held her in his arms and trampled her underfoot." those words struck a cord with me. as i wrote the poem i considered the whole phenomenon of the stockholm syndrome. but ... as soon as i read it to lupin, he asked me if it was about the notorious 39.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home