Sunday, August 27, 2006

seraphim bondage

image: artist unknown

an exquisite delight: am'ranth, divine
velvet milk - i taste thine ambrosia flesh -
sparkling, silken seraph, captive of mine,
thine essence, so sacred, my scorch'd lips refresh

seraph! lover! for mine eyes - feast of pearls!
gothic beast am i, melting ebony
shackled, virgin slave, thy beauty unfurls
oh, silver winged stallion, forge me!

plough my glistening fractured stone petals
may i sip of thy throbbing chalice?
seraphim surges! my glass heart settles:
in your silver fire perch'd, trembling malfice

oh manacled seraph, am'ranth, divine
surrender, my darling, captive of mine.

~+++~

ABOUT THIS POEM: my first (shakespearian) sonnet. inspired entirely by the image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home