Saturday, September 02, 2006

my raven heart

image: artist unknown

bite my raven heart
squeeze it
with your tongue,
stroking deftly, curiously, slowly
and it shall breathe
a sweet canticle into your soul

pulverize my raven heart
with your teeth;
morsels
of its screaming rubra pulp
stain your lips,
and sit heavily in your throat

bite my raven heart
shatter
its porcelain sheath
as you roll it between your soiled fingers
and shards of my raven heart
will dive into your tender hand-flesh

and you shall BLEED BLEED bleed
and your blood shall wash the filth away
and your raw wounds will fester
and they shall weep
- and you shall weep -
for my raven heart

~+++~
ABOUT THIS POEM: in all honesty? i'm not sure what this one's about. lupin thinks its direct toward my dad ... or toward the notorious 39, of 17 and 39. i dunno. i just know that it was inspired by a pablo neruda poem i read ... and the day i wrote this poem a dark feel had cast itself over me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home